How The Waitlist Works
Our waitlist is simple. Listed below is how we do things here at LJ Kennels.
Step One: COMPLETE THE APPLICATION
Step Two: HAVE A VIDEO OR PHONE CALL
Step Three: DEPOSIT IS PLACED
Step Four: PUPPY SELECTION IS CONDUCTED AND 1/2 OF PAYMENT EXPECTED
Step Five: PUPPY PICKUP/DELIVERY AND FINAL 1/2 PAYMENT IS MADE
We ask that potential owners fill out our application so that we can have all information needed when puppy picks start. In order to reserve a puppy to bring home when of age, you must be on our waiting list/place a deposit. We WILL NOT reserve a puppy for you without a deposit, regardless of how much contact we have. If we decline an application, it is because we do not believe that one of our babies is fit for your family.
Deposits on our waitlist are $300.00.
- Placing a deposit will reserve your place in line once puppy picks are made. Make sure you are committed and ready for a puppy when placing a hold. If there is not a puppy in the litter you want and this is communicated before puppy picks are made, you can move your deposit to the next available litter. Dates for future planned litters are often tentative and subject to change.
- Selections of puppies occurs in waitlist deposit order when the puppies turn 3 to four weeks of age. We specify a particular date THE DAY puppies are born.
If there is a specific puppy or pairing you like, we recommend getting on our waitlist and placing a deposit. We cannot guarantee a puppy will be made available to the public.
- We reserve the right to be picky as to where our puppies go home to, along with the right to deny an application at any time if we do not feel one of our puppies will be a good fit.
- We will ask you to have a call interview/video call to discuss bringing home one of our babies after an online application is approved. We will reach out to you using the phone number you provided on the application.
- The call is required before we will allow a deposit to be placed or a puppy selected. We are adding you to our LJ Kennel family, and we want to make sure that our puppy will be a good fit before they go home.
- We WILL NOT sell to backyard breeders, puppy mills, or any other type of irresponsible breeder. We will also not approve any owner that will be having their puppy live outdoors.