We require all future puppy owners to sign a puppy contract. We do this to ensure that the puppy's best interest is always kept in mind. We want all of our dogs to live happy, healthy lives. This means that we want to keep all of our dogs out of shelters or unsatisfactory living conditions. The questions below are taken directly from our puppy contract. After arrangements are made for a puppy, we will have a paper/digital copy for the new owner to sign!
1. This puppy is a Pomsky. This puppy/dog is of typical temperament and health of the Pomsky Breed.
2. The puppy/dog’s sire and dam are both DNA tested. The puppy/dog is expected to be free of the hereditary issues that were tested for. However, no guarantee of such is or can be made for all of the hereditary issues that may be possible.
3. The puppy/dog is healthy at the time of sale, has a clean vet-approved bill of health, and has had immunizations enumerated in the attached health record.
4. The buyer agrees to maintain the puppy/dog’s health with yearly vaccinations as specified by their veterinarian.
5. Should the puppy/dog become ill or unsound, any and all costs of treatment will be the responsibility of the buyer. The only exception is if the puppy is relinquished back to the breeder. At this point, the buyer is giving up all rights to the puppy.
6. The buyer agrees to feed the foods that are beneficial to the puppy in question, following a diet that is recommended by a vet, or a high protein diet that is recommended for the Pomsky breed. This means that the puppy cannot be only fed a vegetable or otherwise only a plant-based diet.
7. The buyer agrees to socialize, train, and keep the puppy/dog in a an acceptable mannerto the best of their ability. For this, we recommend some kind of puppy training or behavior class.
8. If at any time the buyer is unable to keep or care for the puppy/dog, it must be returned to the breeder. In signing this contract, the buyer agrees to surrender the puppy/dog to the seller in this case. It shall include all of its documents, with ownership transfer adequately signed. The puppy/dog may not be transferred or sold by the buyer. The goal of this is to ensure that all of our puppies are happy and well cared for. We do not want any of our puppies to end up in a shelter or in an unsatisfactory home.
9. The breeder will endeavor to place any returned puppy/dog as advantageously as possible. There is no guarantee that the buyer will get a return of purchase amount or any other cost if they give up the puppy or it is removed from their care, and this includes any medical or other costs.
10. Like said above, if the breeder determines that the puppy/dog is not suitably cared for, or that it has been mentally or physically mistreated, the seller has the right to take full possession of the dog without refund. We as a breeder will not interfere unless there is a VERY SIGNIFICANT cause to do so. The breeder’s opinion is the only authority required to justify this action. Testimony of other people will not supersede the breeder’s judgment on this matter. Under such circumstances, all warranties are then VOID.