We require all future puppy owners to sign a puppy contract, which can be found below. We do this to ensure that the puppy's best interest is always kept in mind. We want all of our dogs to live happy, healthy lives. This means that we want to keep all of our dogs out of shelters or unsatisfactory living conditions. The section below is taken directly from our puppy contract. After arrangements are made for a puppy, we will have a paper/digital copy for the new owner to sign! If you are looking to add one of our puppies to a breeding program, we have a separate contract. Please message us to discuss breeding rights.
***We are working on updating our contract! This is the contract being used at the moment, but by the time the 2021 puppies go home we will have an updated contract!***
Puppy Sale Contract
LJ Kennel’s Pomskies
Kennel Name: LJ Kennels
Breeder Name: ______________
Date of Sale: ________________
Date of Delivery: _______________
Deposit: _______________ Date:_________________
Transportation fee(not included in the original price):_________ Date: _______
Balance paid: ____________ Date: ________________ (Balance due before delivery)
Description of the Puppy
Gender preference: ( ) Male ( ) Female
Puppy’s Litter Given Name:_____________________
If Renamed, New Name: _________________
DOB: ____________________ (Puppies must be 8-9 weeks or older before delivery)
Litter Name or Number: _________________________
Proposed use of the puppy
( ) Pet or family companion
( ) Performance competitions/Therapy/Assistance
( ) Breeding
1. The puppy/dog’s sire and dam are both DNA tested. The puppy/dog is expected to be free of the hereditary issues that were tested for. However, no guarantee of such is or can be made for all of the hereditary issues that may be possible. The Breeder certifies that, upon receipt, the dog is in good health and has been immunized and wormed according to the accompanying health record of said Pomsky. Breeder guarantees the above-described dog to be healthy at the time of sale. Breeder does not assume any liability for any injury to said puppy after delivery outside of the health guarantee.
2. Each puppy comes with a 1-year health guarantee, and lifetime breeder backing. This puppy is warranted against fatal genetic defects for one year from the date of the puppy going home. Because of this, we require an update every 6 months for this year period, and once a year after that. We do this so that if health issues do arise we will know about them and they can be addressed. If anything happens to the puppy(eg. getting ran over, killed in an accident, etc.) before the end of the health guarantee and it is not the owners fault(proof will need to be provided), the buyer has the option to select a puppy from a later litter as long as they contact us as soon as it happens. We also offer lifetime breeder support, but will not replace a grown dog. We will try our best to assist you in your journey with your new puppy as much as we can. If you keep your puppy on the Nuvet supplement we give our dogs after they go home, we will extend the health guarantee to two years total(we require proof that this is done)
3. The buyer agrees to maintain the puppy/dog’s health with yearly vaccinations as specified by their veterinarian, take good care of this dog, feed and house the dog properly, and control the dog on a harness or leash when in public and when off the premises of the dog's home. The dog's outdoor area will be fenced in and secure, or acceptable provisions will be made to assure the dog is safe any time he/she is outdoors. Buyer agrees to give the dog proper physical and emotional care and welfare. The buyer must agree to house the dog indoors as its primary housing.
4. Should the puppy/dog become ill or unsound, any and all costs of treatment will be the responsibility of the buyer. The only exception is if the puppy is relinquished back to the Breeder. At this point, the buyer is giving up all rights to the puppy.
5. The BUYER agrees to finish all puppy vaccines before taking their dog out in public, letting their puppy on public sidewalks and grasses or letting their puppy be touched by people outside of the family. This reduces the chances of your puppy picking up a communicable disease such as Parvo WHICH CAN BE FATAL.
6. The buyer agrees to feed the foods that are beneficial to the puppy in question, following a diet that is recommended by a vet, or a high protein diet that is recommended for the Pomsky breed.
7. The Buyer agrees to socialize, train, and keep the puppy/dog in an acceptable manner to the best of their ability. For this, we recommend some kind of puppy training or behavior class.
8. This puppy is not sold with breeding rights and is required to be spayed/neutered prior to 12 months of age. Proof is required and this part of the contract is enforceable. For proof, we require a screenshot/copy of the vet recept stating the procedure was done.
9. If at any time the buyer is unable to keep or care for the puppy/dog, the Breeder must be contacted ASAP. In signing this contract, the buyer agrees to either surrender the puppy/dog to the Breeder, or to let the Breeder assist you in finding the puppy a suitable home. This home must be Breeder approved. The puppy/dog may not be transferred or sold by the Buyer without the Breeder's consent. The goal of this is to ensure that all of our puppies are happy and well cared for. We do not want any of our puppies to end up in a shelter or in an unsatisfactory home.
10. If the dog is found to be allowed to run freely, running at large, creating a public nuisance, or found to be neglected, abused or allowed to live in poor health or poor conditions the Breeder has all rights to repossession of this dog with no refund to the buyer. At this point the health guarantee is also null and void. The death, injury or loss of said dog due to theft, carelessness, recklessness, abuse, neglect, or heat stroke will not entitle the buyer to any compensation from the Breeder. This dog is warranted only for the purpose of being a companion animal, not for any other purpose or reasons. This dog is not to be used for any illegal or immoral activities and is not to be used for any type of puppy mill, dog farm or other mass-producing or money making operation.
11. The Breeder will endeavor to place any returned puppy/dog as advantageously as possible. There is no guarantee that the Buyer will get a return of purchase amount or any other cost if they give up the puppy or it is removed from their care, and this includes any medical or other costs.
12. Like said above, if the Breeder determines that the puppy/dog is not suitably cared for, or that it has been mentally or physically mistreated, the Breeder has the right to take full possession of the dog without refund. We as a breeder will not interfere unless there is a VERY SIGNIFICANT cause to do so. The Breeder’s opinion is the only authority required to justify this action. Testimony of other people will not supersede the Breeder’s judgment on this matter. Under such circumstances, all warranties are then VOID.
This contract is legal and may be enforced by legal means at the buyers expense and all disputes must be settled in the state of Iowa. This dog is sold to you as a pet only. This is the entire agreement between the parties and is valid and agreed to by all parties.
By signing below, you are agreeing to all of the terms stated in the entirety of the contract above.
Buyers Full Name___________________________ Date_____________
Breeders Full Name__________________________ Date____________